Feng Shui Tips
Feng Shui Tips for the Office
- The location of the desk is extremely important. The most favorable site is
the farthest corner from the entry door. This puts one in the “power” corner.
- Ideally, you should have a solid wall behind you sit at your desk.
- Plants and flowers contribute to a more harmonious work environment.
Place one near or on your desk as most people like plants and respond favorably.
Add a wind chime or bird house to the planter to add a sense of “life”.
- Fix what is broken – broken items send negative messages. The desk
chair with the broken leg may keep you and your work off balance. 5. Add an
aquarium to your office – it contains all five elements. As a stress reliever,
position the aquarium either in the break room or a public waiting area.
- Pay attention to glare as it creates eyeain, another form of
stress. To help reduce glare, avoid painting your office white. Instead, choose
light taupe, gray or beige if you must stay with neutrals.
- Create positive messages by displaying a prized award, certificate or
an inspirational quote.
- If you notice that you feel down during the winter months when there
is less sunlight, try these remedies:
- Add full spectrum lighting to your office or desk lamp. It duplicates
- In addition, citrus scents (especially grapefruit and orange) are known to
help fight Seasonal Affective Disorder. Citrus scents are easy to use in the
workplace without attracting negative comments from colleagues.
- Clear your clutter – remove stacks of accumulated paper and boxes.
Clutter begets clutter. Paper clutter can lead to mind clutter.
- If your office space has no window, then create the illusion of the
outdoors by using a nature picture or photo with a depth of view.
More feng shui information:
How do we start our feng shui partnership? Learn more about our feng shui services.
"I never mentioned the Space Clearing to anyone: I wanted proof that it brought results. What a surprise. My clients asked me what I had done. The general consensus was that it felt more positive and comforting; believe me that’s what a therapist wants to hear. What I wasn’t prepared for was the resignation of a problem employee the day after the Space Clearing. Now I know what you mean about the positive pushing out the negative." Tom B.
"Thanks Sylvia! You have had a tremendous positive impact on my life and I'm so grateful!! Before you came into my life, I felt stuck with no sense of direction. Now, I just keep going and going like an energizer bunny Boy you weren't kidding about being in my "fire stage"-.LOL. It has been a whirlwind but wonderful....so many changes and things headed towards the right direction...living and loving life. You helped me create a wonderful energy throughout my home. I get compliments from everyone who visits." Marie B.